scheduled: (am): 5 km run with 5 x 100 accelerations, (pm) - 5 x 800 in 2:50
actual: (am): 5 km run with 5 x 100 accelerations, (pm) - nothing, but I tried!
Good News: I feel like i'm getting faster - and feel it in the intense runs...
Bad News: I'm also tired from 3/4 days of pseudo and actual intensity
- Saturday the 5 km tempo run after the 50 mile bike during a 18 km run wiped me out.
- Sunday intervals in the heat were really hard
- Monday off - a short break
- Tuesday -run am easy, but PM intervals were a non starter
- I went to the track, warmed up while the football team practiced, and then tried to run the first 800. My right quad and left tendon were sore...so I stopped at once and walked off the track
scheduled: (am) 5 km with 5 x 100 pickups, (pm) 4 miles easy
actual: (am) 15 min warmup, 4 x 800 in 3:05 - 3:21 with 2 min rest, 5 min cool down
I tried to run the 800s on Wednesday morning before it got hot. I ran them at the same 180 strides/min turnover, but did not kill myself trying to make the sub-3:00 (or 2:50) time. I decided I would take what felt like a "somewhat uncofortably fast" pace for the first 400, and then hang on to the pace for the second 400. I did not push the last 200 of any of these, but kept it steady. The first one (3:21) was just to really get going.
I did this at TPHS at 6:45 am:
15 min warmup...then...well you can see: 3:21, 3:10, 3:05, 3:14.
I never really pushed all out on these either. My legs were sore and tired, and after four of them I decided - enough for this morning. I was dying on the last one anyway. I know I need to be running the 800s at a 3:40/km pace and not 3:43/km - 4:00/km during intense workouts. I just don't feel recovered from the weekend yet....or maybe I've just not become that fast...yet ;)