Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Still sore from Wed

Did an easy 6.2 mile trial run yesterday.  The whole time my left Achilles tendon and right upper/inner thigh were sore. Not too bad, but I could feel them the whole time.  I took 400 mg of Ibuprofen when I returned, did trigger point therapy on the tendon, then iced it 2X for 10 min with a 20 min break in between.  Took two more ibuprofen/pm last night at bedtime (11 pm)

When I woke up this morning at 6 am and felt ok.  No pain - good. 

I'm doing a mini-carbo-load for Saturday's last 18 mile run. Yesterday I ate:

- 8 am purefit bar
- (then ran the trail)
- lunch - seafood risotto and bread
- dinner - large plat of spaghetti and meat/tomoato sauce
- dessert - 4 low sugar oatmeal raisin cookies

Today:

breakfast - Go Lean Crunch ceral w/milk and blueberries