Finally a summer day in winter. All the more pleasent after last week. Today's workout was somewhat hard, but fun. Rode over to torrey pines grade (20 min) and did 6 hill repeats as follows:
1. Tempo - 9:29 (to the light) average HR 166..good way to start
2. Big Gear 10:30 HR 159, I thought I was in as big a gear as possible. 2/3 of the way up the hill a guy passed me (he looked fast) in a even bigger gear, turning the pedals over even slower.
3. spinning 10:48 HR 160 - felt easier than the HR indicates
4. tempo 10:25 HR 161 - must have been loafing on this one.
5. One leg - split R first half, L second 15:22, HR 152 - this was just awkward and requiring a lot of focus. It was hard, but not in the way I expected.
6. interval - 20 seconds hard, 10 seconds easy - I hope this was the right thing to do. It was harder than I thought it would be. I stood up for the first time during the first 5 seconds of the hard part to get momentum back.
total time: 2:19, HR 144