Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wed - Sunday workouts July 25-28 2007

Sunday 29 July 2007

felt ok in the morning. since there was no PAC workout, I ran 10 miles easy. I was still tired from yesterday. I took 800 mg ibuprofen (400 at 6:30 am, 400 at 8:30 just prior to running) and was still in mild pain. I went relatively slow (9:10 per mile) and stretched when I turned around. that makes the knee pain go away for a mile or so.

I thought about doing the bike ride with the QC group but was so tired from the day before I passed.

Saturday 28 July

well, I was supposed to do 3 hours at 22 mph (in a group) but I was alone. I rode for three hours, with an average HR of 152 (peak 171) through Harmony Grove. my legs were DEAD when I started this ride and I never felt fast. I rode with one guy who passed me on la costa ave. for 30 min at 23 mph, but my average speed was about 17 MPH with the hills. I tried running afterward, but it my knee was so sore I stopped after 1 mile.


Friday 27 July

There was no PAC workout, so I did a 6.5 mile run. It was HOT at noon when I did the run (91 degrees) and I pushed, but it was slow. My knee hurt most of the time. I did this in about 1 hour


Thursday 26 July

noon: I did the 2500 yard swim as 300 warmup, 2 x 1000 (pulling one, swimming the second) and a 200Y cooldown. Felt good, it was hot at lunchtime

6:00 pm - did the PAC triathlon workout. this was all out, after a warmup, on the bike - but very short. two 2 min time trials where I went as hard as possible. we then came back and did the 2 mile (?) lap of the club. I ran this hard too! No knee pain during the run


Wednesday 25 July

I did a 2 hour bike with the 3 x 12 min 'big gear' sets. It was fast and hard. I kept looking at my watch after the start after a few minutes as it was so difficult. I was very tired, but went fast.

No comments: