Sunday, February 19, 2006

back in the saddle

OK - here's the past week:

Monday (2/13): rest

Tuesay (2/14): 1 hour spin class in the afternoon. felt good, but,should have pushed even harder during the spin class. It was the first training since the 1/2 marathon and I was sore.

Wednesday (2/15): 3000Y masters swim in the morning. did not really push that hard during this workout and felt good the rest of the day. After work did a 6 mile run with 8x400 fartlek pickups during the run. this run included a rather big hill, which I slowly plodded up. I felt heavy still.

Thursday (2/16): 1.5 hour 27 mile ride in the morning, 1 hour spin class at 6:00. Total for the day - 2.5 hours. Felt mostly good (but cold) during the am ride and somewhat tired during the spin class.

Friday: master swim. Well, this was not easy. I ended up doign about 3000 yards, but one of the sets of 3 x 3 x 100 we kept speeding up. for me, turning at 2:00 was a push. We finished with 4 x 50 and I did most of those at 45 seconds - which for me is pushing it. I really needed a nap during the day and was almost asleep at 3:00 pm at work.

Saturday - Elfin forest loop at 7:30 am. I went slow (16 mph) average and it took about 3:15 as a result. I went on a short (30 min)run afterward. Again, I fell asleep in the afternoon for an hour or so.

Sunday: I did not swim today, but instead did a 10 mile run. I felt very heavy/tired during this slow run (90 min)

total time for the week: 12.5 hours.

No comments: