Sunday, July 26, 2009

going back as far as I can remember...

Today - Sunday 26 July 2009 - 2500Y swim, 13.2 mile hard run

11 am - swim 2500Y as: 500 warmup, 1000 (broken at 500), 500 pull, 5 x 100 fast - ez

1 pm - run to 18th street - FAST - while the total was 8 min/mile, it was HOT and I did many miles well under 7 min...a 13.2 mile run in 1:45 with lots of water


Saturday 25 July 2009 - 80 mile bike, track intervals

7 am bike that started as a double Elfin, and ended as Highland Valley/ramona/Scripps - 80 miles total. I rode pretty hard up the hill, and passed a few guys up the hill. I became very tired/hungry in Poway and stopped at Subway for some apples and poweraid.

This was followed by 10 x 200m at TPHS in about 40-44 seconds each. My right hamstring was sore so I did not do all 12.

Friday 24 July 2009 - 2 mile ocean swim, 1 hour run

Cove swim (2 miles to Shores) - WOW was that a rough day. There was a triple rescue when we got in. Now, swimming to the shores (Andi and I) was easy: the water was 71 degrees and I had the desoto pants. super warm and clear/blue - lots of fish. on the way back it was the usual chop. when we got near the cove it got really rough and the lifeguard was in the water (we were the only swimmers) urging us to run out.

I ran 1 hour in the afternoon.

Thursday 23 July 2009 - 25 mile bike

Ez Santa Luz loop - 1:20 for 25 miles.

Wedensday 22 July 2009 - 1 hour swim, 10 mile run

10 mile run with Matt/Bernie in the morning....1 hour swim in the afternoon TIRED!

Tuesday 21 July 2009 - 75 mile bike, 30 min run

75 mile bike done as - 50 mile Elfin at 5:30 am, meeting Andi for an extra 25 miles. She was fresh and we went fast the last 25 which was hard. We ran right after the run for 30 min and I was beat.

Monday 20 July 2009 - 1 hour spin class

worst spin class of my life - Lucia Viti - this girl/women looked like she was riding her big brother's bike - rocking from side to side to reach the bottom of the pedal stroke. truly awful. she has no business teaching a spin class.

Sunday 19 July 2009 - 20 mile hill run

20 mile run with Matt - long/hot/humid/hilly - we ran up to torrey hills, down to el camino real, out to the coast, up to the top of torrey, down to the beach, back up to the top, down to the beach, up to del mar, down to powerhouse park, over to the racetrack, up the steep dirt trail to crest drive and home...I fell asleep during the TDF after this long (3 hour) run.

Saturday 18 july 2009 - 100 mile fast ride

100 mile Hammerfest with Mike and Steve Capozza. I think there were other folks on this ride, but we did not see too much of them. We rode from the pac out 78 to Escondido, through elfin forest to the coast, up through camp pendelton to San Onofre and home. I don't think i've ridden that hard since the first day in Spain. I was dead when I got home and skipped the run.