Sunday, June 05, 2011

Skipping the Rock N Roll marathon...but a run nonetheless

Schedule: 12 mile run
Actual: 12 mile run

2:08 (including two rest/water stops, bathroom breaks)
1515 Cal, HR 131/159

VERY slow - very pretty.  Nearly perfect run.  Ran through the soft sand on the beach and had to run the beach portion of the run (the first half anyway) barefoot whilst I splashed through the surf and gazed at the flock of pelicans in formation flying 1 foot above the water -AWESOME!

Slight pain in my left tendon when I began running, moved up to my mid-calf by the end. Still sore now. I waded into the pool at the end of the run and massaged it hoping that will help.  Will ice it later and try some ibuprofen and elevation

Pre run food - 2 x 100c gell, 8 oz green machine (140 cL)
post-run food - 2 cups oatmeal with raisins and walnuts and milk (300 Cal), 1 cup greem machine (140)