Monday, January 28, 2013

Good month at last


Overall

 I"ll publish a full summary of Jan at the end of the month, but so far, it's going well. 

Diet
 I ran 16. 2 miles on Sunday at the end of a big week and it went well. It was a mild 'fasting' workout as I had not eaten for 18 hours prior to the run. I'm still around 175+ most days, and feel like while I'm losing weight, it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I've really cut down radically on carbs for the past 2 months for the most part and never have pasta or (rarely) bread any more. 

Performance
on the running front, I've felt many more "flashes" of speed over the past few weeks than in at least a year or more.  For example, when I began today - even after running 16.2 miles @ 9min/mile yesterday, I began feeling well enough to run at a 7:30 pace and forced myself to slow down.





Injuries
So far, nothing has prevented running.  While ramping my mileage I've had pain in my upper left calf (knot) and my left Achilles tendon.  Sore, but not too bad.  My legs have been sore - as they are now - all over and walking in the morning is painful.