Monday, April 07, 2014

Easy 8, but not feeling easy enough

Plan:  8 miles with 10 x 1 min @ 5 KM pace
Actual: 8 miles easy
Conditions:  Suddenly warm.  Like 80+ degrees in the afternoon (1:35 pm when I ran)
Morning weight/sleep: 170.0/7.7, 7 hours or so, mostly good.
Stretching today: no stretching yet (5:30 pm)




How it felt: Was a hot day today and I felt tired from the weekend. I'm starting to freak out about the lack of recovery and how tired i'm feeling all the time, so after speeding up a bit for the planned "5K pace" portion of the run I opted to back off and just jog 8:30 - 9 min miles. I was wearing the Hoka shoes and running on the dirt, so not that fast of a setup.


Nutrition
Last night's Dinner: Pork roast, mac and cheese (homemade), broccoli, carrot cake and lots of peanut M&Ms.

Breakfast: 2X cream of wheat with rasins

Lunch: Naked Juice protein drink