Monday, January 22, 2018

Mid August Status Report

Here's what I did today - 17 miles from Del Mar Heights road up to just past Leucadia Blvd. and back.  I saw Bernie and her friend, then Candy Fink, then Debbi Levis and Russ.  I ran a couple miles with Debbi and Russ too.




Most everything going well.

The right leg hamstring that's been bugging me on and off since February is now only mildly sore, and only now and then, and only when I'm running fast.  This week my  chronic left Achilles tenderness came back ever so slightly.  I'm so afraid of that I did double trigger point therapy today on my left calf.

I've been doing more of a "hansons" style schedule for a month with track workouts to get some speed back.  I'm switching until NYC back to Jack Daniels style  - but - adding the Kevin McCarey workouts on Saturday, or, Dirt Dog XCountry races. So one few day of rest.  Since Sunday is always long, hard, or both, this just adds some quality on the weekend.  I'm taking Mondays off going forward too.

In trying to asses how i'm doing this training cycle, I ca