Sunday, August 11, 2024

Fell and pulled a hamstring on first day of MP training

Fastest run/pace since the SF Half in 2018

    but a hamstring injury happened the same day...due to a fall!







I began using (sort of) the Hal Higdon program which is a bit easier than my own plan.  Hal's week one (of 18 weeks) was rest day monday, 3 mile run ez Tuesday, rest day wednesday, 5 mile run (8:49 pace) Thursday,  5 mile run at MP (8:11) Friday and then a long run (10 miles) Saturday and a x-training day sunday.

I had run 6 miles Monday so skipped Tuesday/Wednesday ran ez 5 (8:35/mile) and was excited about beginning the structured running with a MP run on Friday at 8:10 or under. After a one mile warmup ran at 7:39 - 7:59/mile the rest of the way and came in at 8:01/mile. The SF pace in 2018 was 7:46/mile, and this felt mostly easy and my HR was never over 130.


So will keep up biking and weights until I can run easy again.  I'm icing it 2X per day and stopped taking ibuprofen after day one.  So going with turmeric for inflation reduction, biking/elliptical/weights for exercise